3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 1:56 PM by DiegoV_Intel

SD Card as mass storage

TarasC

Is there a chance to set the SD Card connected to the Intel Edison (via Arduino breakout board) as a USB mass storage, so that when the USB is connected to the computer, the SD Card appears in addition to the original Edison Flash storage (so comes up as two drives)?

cheers,

• 1. Re: SD Card as mass storage
          DiegoV_Intel

Hello TarasC,

In theory it should be possible, but you might have to modify the existing Edison driver or write a new one. Could you please explain what you are trying to achieve by doing this?

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: SD Card as mass storage
            TarasC

Hi DiegoV_Intel,

I was planning to set the Intel Edison as a data logger where all the data it gets from the ADC get's stored into the SD-Card then you could mount the Edison on to the computer and the data would appear. I know that with a typical microcontroller you have USB Libraries for this, but I thought with Yocto linux it maybe different or easier.

cheers,

• 3. Re: SD Card as mass storage
              DiegoV_Intel

Hello TarasC,

I don’t think it is going to be easier since you might have to modify the existing Edison driver, or write a new one. However, if you want to transfer data from the SD card attached to the Edison directly to your PC, you can do it wirelessly. There are programs that allow you to establish a wireless communication with a device. I use WinSCP for this purpose. This program allows me to transfer data from the Edison to my PC and vice versa in an easy way. Go ahead and try this way; it might be helpful for you.

Regards,

Diego.