This would be the procedure to update your graphics driver:
Be aware that these are generic drivers with no specific OEM customizations. If your system is a laptop or tablet based system it likely has customizations to the driver made by the manufacturer of the system. If you install the generic driver you will lose the customizations and the system may not work as intended. If it is a laptop or tablet, we recommend you use the latest drivers supplied by the manufacturer.
If you want to try the generic driver I would recommend you set a restore point before updating the driver.
Download the zip version of the drive and extract to a folder on your desktop:
To install the generic driver, follow these steps exactly.
Login with administrator privileges
- Open Control Panel
- Open Device Manager
- Click on “Display adapters”
- Double click “Intel HD Graphics”
- Click on the “Driver” tab
- Click on “Update Driver” button
- Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”
- Click on “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
- Click on “Have Disk” button
- Click “Browse”
- Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to
- Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
- Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file ß depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
- Click “OK”
- Click “Next”, Driver should now be installing.
- If successful, click “Close”, Reboot.