5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 1:20 AM by WebMaximus

Whats the difference of this 2 ssd SSDPEDMW400G401 or SSDPEDMW400G4R5

Resaw

Whats the difference with this 2 ssd  SSDPEDMW400G401 or SSDPEDMW400G4R5

• 1. Re: Whats the difference of this 2 ssd SSDPEDMW400G401 or SSDPEDMW400G4R5
          jonathan_intel

Hello Resaw,

The model numbers SSDPEDMW400G401 and SSDPEDMW400G4R5 are both for the Intel® SSD 750 Series 400GB, 1/2 Height PCIe 3.0.

The difference in the last two digits, 01 vs R5, is for the original packaging from factory. SSDPEDMW400G401 is a generic single pack and the SSDPEDMW400G4R5 is the reseller 5 pack. Retailers normally sell any of the two model numbers individually, but the SSD itself will have the same size and form factor.

Just to clarify, you can tell you are ordering the HHHL (add-in card) based on the model numbers. All the add-in card models of the 750 SSD will start with SSDPEDxxxxxxxx. The 2.5 inch models will start with SSDPE2xxxxxxxx.

• 3. Re: Whats the difference of this 2 ssd SSDPEDMW400G401 or SSDPEDMW400G4R5
            WebMaximus

I have a follow-up question on this and I'm hoping for a quick response because my plan is to buy a 750 today.

I found a 750 in a local store here in Sweden but as you can below despite having the same model number (SSDPEDMW400G401) the disks look different from the most pictures you find on Internet when doing a Google search for the Intel 750 PCIe SSD.

So hence my question is...what's the difference?

Here's the one I plan to buy and here's a result after doing a Google search for SSDPEDMW400G401 and as you can see they don't look the same so what's the difference?

• 4. Re: Whats the difference of this 2 ssd SSDPEDMW400G401 or SSDPEDMW400G4R5
              jonathan_intel

Hello WebMaximus,

The model number SSDPEDMW400G401 is for an Intel® SSD 750 Series (400GB, 1/2 Height PCIe 3.0). In fact, the pictures in the Google* search results show how the Intel® SSD 750 series should look, and they are different from the ones in the seller site. You might want want to contact the store and clarify this before purchasing.

We have seen cases before where online stores use pictures "For Illustration Purposes Only". Actually, this website uses the same picture for both models (400 GB and 1.2 TB), the color scheme of the SSD in the picture is the one for the SSD Data Center series, and the illustration does not have any model identifiers. This suggests that it is not an actual picture of the drive.

Intel does not keep track of all resellers, so, as customer you may be able to provide feedback to them if you consider the information in their website is not accurate.

Please take into consideration that you can find Authorized resellers and service providers in your area by going to the following website: Intel® Technology Providers Locator

• 5. Re: Whats the difference of this 2 ssd SSDPEDMW400G401 or SSDPEDMW400G4R5
                WebMaximus

Thanks Jonathan!

I'm sure they just put the wrong picture on the webpage but I'll double-check the product nr on the box before I open it.