Please take into consideration that Intel® My WiFi Dashboard software last release was in 2013, some of the features may not work well with current systems. We tested blocking and unblocking some devices and we did not have any issues.
Here are some pointers about this:
1. In the phone, delete the password and information about the hotspot SSID that were previously stored.
2. Try placing the phone closer to the PC.
3. In Intel® My WiFi Dashboard software, make sure WiFi direct* and Hotspot are set to "On". Also, in the options, make sure the application is set to Show legacy devices.
4. In the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard Software options - hotspot, make note of the SSID and password.
5. In the phone, scan for WiFi SSID's and try connecting the one from your PC.