2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 9:57 AM by Cerbie

DG43NB Boot issue after installing XPPro

Cerbie

I have a DG43NB with a SATA slim DVD and SATA Hard drive, with a new hard drive XPPro loads from the CD fine, once installed the Intel disk loads and updates OK. When rebooting and selecting F10 then selecting the DVD to boot from the system either ignors the DVD and boots XP or just stops with a blank screen. This is a new board that came with BIOS NBG4310H.86A.0069.2008.1117.2016, this has been updated to NBG4310H.86A.0098.2009.0928.1806 and it is still the same.

Any help would be appreciated

• 1. Re: DG43NB Boot issue after installing XPPro
          Span1shUk

Hi Cerbie

I’m not quite understand what you trying to say. , "once installed the Intel disk loads and updates OK"  Do you mean the Intel Drivers Disk?

After installing the Operating system why you want to boot from the CD again? I really don’t get it, please clarify.

Regards

Span1shUk    

• 2. Re: DG43NB Boot issue after installing XPPro
            Cerbie

Hi Span1shUk, yes it was the Intel driver disk

I tried to reinstall XPPro and when this did not work a non operating system Diagnostic disk but neither would boot, F10 selecting DVD activates the drive but nothing happens. I have tried the CD's on other systems and they work fine, I have tried changing SATA ports and a different DVD drive without success, if I disconnect the Hard drive the XPPro CD boots OK.

Hope this helps