2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 7:23 AM by mhahn

Multihtreading in Galileo

Mona

Hi, I'm currently attending the IESC in jordan, we are building some projects with Galileo gen2 board,

I'm trying to find the time difference betwen starting of two different actions(which is in microseconds), based on which i'll calculate the distance then command my robot to do some event, how can i do it in galileo?
      i've been told that multithreading doesnt exactly execute the different functions simlutaneously, is the inefficiency significant in a way that might affect my robot's actions?  I'm using python in Yocto.

• 1. Re: Multihtreading in Galileo
          Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

And what code are you using to test this? Multithreading is possible with the Galileo but is difficult to know exactly the amount of microseconds of delay it takes for one action to execute after the other. I guess this delay won’t be too much to actually see a slow response from the robot

Take a look at this link for some information C++ Multithreading

Sergio

• 2. Re: Multihtreading in Galileo
            mhahn

I'm trying to find the time difference betwen starting of two different actions(which is in microseconds), based on which i'll calculate the distance then command my robot to do some event, how can i do it in galileo?

following comes into my mind:

• pthreads
            • TBB
            • OpenMP
            • Cilk+ (if you use the Intel compiler)

You may as well consider using 2 processes rather than 2 threads (and communicating via shared memory e.g.)

i've been told that multithreading doesnt exactly execute the different functions simlutaneously,

how should it on an in order CPU with only 1 core?