Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

[Closed][BUG] Custom Resolutions: Unable to use fractions on Refresh Rate.

kx1
New Contributor I

Typing 23 followed by . sends the text cursor to the start (before 23), so if I were to type 23.976, it will type 97623 instead.

If this is an intended limitation (which I can't see why, since we have to input our own timings), can you add support for VESA's CVT 1.2?

Then we can use the 1000/1001 factoring they added (e.g. 24 * 1000 / 1001 = 23.976)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

It has been intended to work that way since the Custom Resolution feature was released. This is because altering modes may reduce system stability and useful life of the system and chipset, cause the chipset and other system components to fail, cause reductions in computer performance

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029478.htm Graphics Drivers — Custom Resolutions & Modes

Allan.

kx1
New Contributor I

It's a bit weird, since these limitations are not in Vesa's CVT 1.2 specifications, but I'll mark this closed - I can get around these limitations by modifying the edid.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
kx1
New Contributor I

It's a bit weird, since these limitations are not in Vesa's CVT 1.2 specifications, but I'll mark this closed - I can get around these limitations by modifying the edid.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

It has been intended to work that way since the Custom Resolution feature was released. This is because altering modes may reduce system stability and useful life of the system and chipset, cause the chipset and other system components to fail, cause reductions in computer performance

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029478.htm Graphics Drivers — Custom Resolutions & Modes

Allan.

kx1
New Contributor I

Thanks.

0 Kudos
kx1
New Contributor I

Thanks.

0 Kudos