1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2015 1:44 PM by AlexT_Intel

SoundWire Server on Edison

EthanHunt

Hello everyone,

I want to use my Android smartphone's speaker as speaker of Edison as there is SoundWire Server application for Windows and Linux systems by which we can do that. I have already tried that on Windows 8.1 and it works very well. But I don't know if dependencies needed to install SoundWire Server available for Edison yocto image from directly AlexT_Intel's repository or we have to build separate kernel image to make support for that. So if anyone tried it then please let me know. I am still working on it. Thanks.

• 1. Re: SoundWire Server on Edison
          AlexT_Intel

FWIW, I haven't tried SoundWire Server, however out of the description it looks like you could simply connect from your smartphone to Edison using Bluetooth and A2DP profile. I have done similar thing a while ago, just in the opposite direction (streaming Spotify to Edison and listening there using headset), but generally speaking I don't see why that wouldn't work - provided that your phone supports this Bluetooth profile (some support only streaming to devices but not from).