I have logged a call directly with Intel as I have the same issue. Initially I thought it was a PATH variable issue, however if you place the referenced .dll in the same folder as the SCCMaddon application and rerun the wizard I get a different error.
2015-06-02 13:58:30,977 - INFO : - Failure: Could not load file or assembly 'AdminUI.WqlQueryEngine, Version=4.0.6000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded. .
Did you ever resolve this issue? I will update this post once I hear back from Intel Support.
Hi there, any update from Intel support on this? Before I plan when to perform my upgrade I want to know I can succeed and is supported, thank you.
In order to "resolve" this issue I copied the contents of the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager Console\AdminUI\bin from my local PC, which has the SCCM 2007 Admin console installed on it to the folder on the SCCM 2012 R2 server were the scsaddon.exe was run from and this has resulted in the SCS Add-on package installing correctly. Everything appears to work fine with SCCM after I have run this fix.
I still have a call open with Intel (who are working on an official fix), however I am note sure when this fix will be available.
Thanks for the update, we don't have SCCM 2007 anymore and as Intel have acknowledged a bug I would rather it was fixed and supported officially, hopefully by August they will have something ready.
Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I'm currently trying to install the SCS ADD-on and getting this error. I have already tried putting the SCCM Manager Console contents into the Add-on exe locations, but still get the same error as the OP.
Hi all, bumping for an update? Will have to log an official question soon I think myself.
Has anyone had a fix for this? I am experiencing the same issue.
Any update on this issue?
On our system (Server 2012R2), SCCMAddon.exe run without errors after copying the 'missing' DLL into the same folder as SCCMAddon.exe and adding the bold line to SCCMAddon.exe.config:
I got below error when I tried doing what you have suggested :
INFO : - Failure: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager..ctor(Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.SmsNamedValuesDictionary)'. .
I am afraid, but I have no idea.We can compare our environments to see if there is a major difference.
We run System Center 2012R2 SP1 on Server 2012R2. Both in en-US.
Version Number of the copied AdminUI.WqlQueryEngine.dll is 5.00.8239.1000 - which matches our SP1 environment.
.Net: "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack (4.0.30319)"
Hope this helps...