Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Newest Intel Wireless Driver Update Failing

MLind10
Beginner

Hey everyone.

I had Windows download and install updates, instead of waiting for it to do it itself. Everything worked fine except for one driver update. The driver is called Intel driver update for Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030, and Windows told me that the update failed. Unfortunately, after I restarted my computer and the updates applied, my Wi-Fi adapter stopped working because that driver failed!

I have tried a few things based on other forums that I have read, but nothing has been successful.

-Uninstalling the driver and trying again.

-Uninstalling the driver and installing an older version.

-Doing both of those things and installing the driver from Intel Update Utility and from a direct download.

-Uninstalling the wi-fi adapter, restarting my computer, and installing the drivers.

-Turning off Windows Firewall during the download and installation of the driver.

I would love some advice on how to get this thing working again so I can have my wireless connection back!

On a similar note, my Intel Update Utility has been failing to install several ProSet updates lately, and I am wondering if that is connected to this issue at all.

Further details:

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5110

The driver update I am trying to install is version 17.1.1501.01

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Masonzero,

In this case, if the wireless card came already installed in this computer when you bought it, our first recommendation is to uninstall all related files since the updates and install the drivers from the support page of your computer manufacturer according to your computer model. The reason it may not be working properly is because our drivers are generic and may not meet your system requirements. If you have replaced the original wireless card, it is important that you know that Intel does support integration. Please take a look at this information online: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade and http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-006192.htm Wireless Networking — Installation Error when Installing or Swapping Intel Wireless Adapters

Please consult with your computer manufacturer first.

MLind10
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, but in the meantime I was able to figure it out. Turns out when I uninstalled the network adapter from the device manager, I forgot to check the box that said "uninstall all software and drivers". Once I did that, I restarted Windows and it automatically found and successfully installed the drivers, and my wi-fi connection is functional again. Thank you for the quick response.