7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 10:09 AM by joe_intel

4600 integrated graphics not working (?)

sktn77a

Just bought an ASUS Z97M-Plus motherboard with an i7-4790 CPU.  No integrated graphics output from the DVI port.  Hardware isn't listed in device manager.  Having to use an discrete video card until I can get this figured out.  HELP Intel!!!

• 1. Re: 4600 integrated graphics not working (?)
          joe_intel

Try resetting your BIOS back to defaults and/or make sure Intel® Graphics (IGD) is enabled.

What is the operating system you are using?

Do you get video from any of the ports in the motherboard when the discrete video card is not installed?

• 2. Re: 4600 integrated graphics not working (?)
            sktn77a

Hi Joe:

Thanks for the reply.  I have not set the BIOS to IGD only as I won't be able to get ANY video out of the board then and will be stuck taking the computer apart to reset the BIOS to its default using the RTC short.  I have only tried the DVI port.  Is there any reason that would not work while the others may?

I had the same problem with Win 7 Pro 32 but was eventually able to get the (32-bit) Intel driver installed and the IGD recognized in Device manager and working through the DVI port.  I have had no such luck since updating to Win 7 Pro 64.

Keith

• 3. Re: 4600 integrated graphics not working (?)
              joe_intel

I thought about the possibility of a defective DVI port; however, I do not yet have a proper explanation for this as a driver issue. What is the driver version you are using? Did you try with the 64-bit version ASUS provides? Are you using an adapter, converter, or AVR?

• 4. Re: 4600 integrated graphics not working (?)
                sktn77a

Well, I used the driver that ASUS provided when I had the 32 bit OS running but no luck.  After updating with the intel BIOS, I had video from the integrated graphics.  I didn't try the ASUS driver with the 64 bit OS yet,.  I'll give that a try when I get back home on Tuesday. 

Keith

• 5. Re: 4600 integrated graphics not working (?)
                  sktn77a

OK, well, what the heck....  Never could get the integrated graphics to work as they should. I eventually was able to get it to work by setting the BIOS to dual display, connecting a second display to the HDMI port and getting both monitors to work.  I then updated (again) to the latest Intel driver, which this time installed properly.  I then took out the NVidia card and connected only a single monitor to the integrated graphics and it's all working now.  Why the integrated graphics die after (I think) loading the display graphics originally, I don't know.

Sounds like a BIOS incompatibility with the intel drivers(?)

• 6. Re: 4600 integrated graphics not working (?)
                    sktn77a

Another annoying glitch in this system......  every time the computer turns off the display (power settings) I gen an annoying "beep boop", "boop beep" (USB connect/disconnect sound) which wont stop.  Even if I have the display off set to the same time as sleep, the noise keeps on and the hard drive light continues (so I guess the computer isn't going to sleep).  I've tried disconnect all the connected USB cable/devices but no change.

• 7. Re: 4600 integrated graphics not working (?)
                      joe_intel

This does not seem to be graphics related but I suppose at this moment you only have the basic hardware connected. You may try disconnecting one device at a time or checking for related incidents in the Windows* Event Log.