Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

Updating my i7

idata
Employee

I wanted to update my i7, since its last update date was 4-1-2004. So I clicked update and it told me it had its latest version, is 2004, can that be correct?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Could you say a little more about what you were trying to do?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As you would update your driver on your GPU, I wanted to update my processors driver, since it had a very old date (4-1-2004) in the device mangaer. It told me it had tyhe most current update, I thought it would have a more present day date.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I really doubt that you have a i7: Considering that was released on end 2008

Could you please provide the exact motherboard model and CPU that you have?

Regards

Span1shUk

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes I have and i7! The mother board is erelavant to the processor driver signing date. Please, do you think I would come in here pretenting to own something I don't? I'll try to post a pic if I can figure out these forums :-)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you look to the right screen, you will see driver date of 4-1-2004. When I try to update it, it will tell me its the most current, why's that date so old.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My one in Windows 7 is from 2006, so hardly much newer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Ytterbium! I see it is not a problem then, I just thought it should be a little closer to present day

Thank you for your help, Ray

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

i7 Was released end 2008, not quite know what you mean. Could you please clarify?

Regards

Span1shUk

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You don't really need a driver for your processor, it's more of a for infomation thing in device manager. I assume your using XP that's why it's from 2004, there's been no need to update it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes I am using XP, & thank you for your response. So will I get a earlier driver signing date if I was using Vista or Windows 7?

Thanks Ray :-)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The date on my Win7 box is 21-Jun-2006 on Vista SP2 it's the same.

It would be 2yrs newer as you said yours was 2004.

As I said it not like a graphics driver, you don't need to update it.

0 Kudos