MSI 24X DVDRW SATA

Installing Windows XP will freeze installation

Installing Vista Ultimate will show
      Blue screen comes in  the install progress:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

with

STOP: 0x0000000A (0xE3A65094, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x894B8A21

Windows 7 will hangs during installation

I have run memory test included in Linux SUSE Desktop installation package and it shows no error

What it could be?

• 1. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
          Span1shUk

Hi VK2048

You tried to install 3 different operating system and each of them give you a blue screen? Is that write?

You mention that you run a memory test, try with this utility: http://www.memtest86.com/

Select the Free download.

If the memory test is fine... is probably best to cross test the Hard drive.

Regards

Span1shUk

• 2. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
            vk2048

I have replaced this motherboard in store, but problem remain the same. It looks like that this motherboardis is ok. I am running now extended test witn Windows Memory Diagnostic http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp.

• 3. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
              vk2048

Memory pass the test even extended memory test. It seems to me that motherboard has initial bios from august 5 2009. Since than intel has released 3 updates. So I have to update the BIOS.

• 4. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                vk2048

Have updated BIOS, but system crashed again when I have tried to install Vista Ultimate. Last 2 thing are left -> hard drive and dvdrom before I will switch to another motherboard. I have verified today my memory is 1.5V.

• 5. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                  vk2048

Finally I got it running after disabling power management, that is really strange.

• 6. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                    vk2048

Blue screen again. I have run memory test from memtest86. No errors.

Will use WD diagnostic utility to test hard drive as have been advised by Span1shUk.

• 7. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                      Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

Are you still having issues?

If so one question all your hardware was new? even the HDD?

My advice would be to put your HDD on another computer and performa low level format, then whislt on the other computer create a partition, like for the whole HDD.

Then put your HDD in your new system and install windows 7 (with sata set as IDE in BIOS) when it asks you where to install the OS, delete the partition u had created and make one what ever size you want.install 7 and see how you get on

hope this helps.

PS. If the HDD diagnostic tool say your HDD hasn't got a problem, then test your cables too

Message was edited by: Cpt.Dogfruit

• 8. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                        vk2048

I have done HHD standard and extended test by using bootable CD with Data Lifeguard Diagnostic Tools from Western Digital. Both tests shows no error. My next idea is to play with memory settings in BIOS. I have Corsair TW3X4G1333C9D memory - dual channel, non ECC,  1333MHz at 1.5V. But I have no idea about what settings should be used.

• 9. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                          vk2048

Now I have found that the problem was with video card, so I am not 100% sure that second motherboard had an issue.

• 10. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                            jkwebby

Had similar problem that I suspect was caused by an after market cpu heatsink/cooler. Installed the stock heatsink and problem went away. Must have been grounding out against the motherboard's backplate. Culprit was a Zalman CNPS10X Quiet.

• 11. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                              Chemik123

I've similar configuration and problem also. The difference in HW config is: VGA (NV 8400GS), Size of HDD (WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA) and I have different DVD-RW drive. (CPU+MB+RAM are same)

I have already replaced Motherboard and VGA and the problem with Blue screens (or unexpected restarts) still remains. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Memtest86+ => no faults found

Prime95 => few of calculation was stopped with "HW Error found".

During Prime95 test running the CPU temperature did not cross 75 Celsius degrees.

It looks like, I have problem with CPU or PSU. Can be CPU corrupted in this way, that system is running correctly but some times unexpected restart or blue screen appears?

Please, can someone give some advice?

And for “Intel® Desktop Utilities for P55 Desktop Boards” on download page expected availability is January 2010. Does someone know when it will be available to test PSU (Voltages)?

Thanks a lot.

• 12. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                                Chemik123

I've similar configuration and problem also. The difference in HW config is: VGA (NV 8400GS), Size of HDD (WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA) and I have different DVD-RW drive. (CPU+MB+RAM are same)

I have already replaced Motherboard and VGA and the problem with Blue screens (or unexpected restarts) still remains. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Memtest86+ => no faults found

Prime95 => few of calculation was stopped with "HW Error found".

During Prime95 test running the CPU temperature did not cross 75 Celsius degrees.

It looks like, I have problem with CPU or PSU. Can be CPU corrupted in this way, that system is running correctly but some times unexpected restart or blue screen appears?

Please, can someone give some advice?

And for “Intel® Desktop Utilities for P55 Desktop Boards” on download page expected availability is January 2010. Does someone know when it will be available to test PSU (Voltages)?

Thanks a lot.

• 13. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                                  Duckerz

Im having the same problem. Currently running on Asus P7p55D pro motherboard, and after calling asus, I have found that it is a setting with the voltage. You are NOT supposed to use the voltage it tells you to use, but i cant find out what i should set it to. If i find out ill post, but it isnt your motherboard or cpu, its the ram voltage.

• 14. Re: DP55WG Bluescreen STOP
                                    namie0724

Have you tried to disable the on-board sound card, see if it can sove the bluescreen come out.

I have my DP55SB, found that  when I disable realtek on board sound card function, computer stop going crazy.

I am still finding a way to solve this problem.