When the fan are spinning too loud, it can be due to:
1. Wrong system fans are connected on the board.
2. Incompatible chassis and wrongly configured SDR.
3. Compatible chassis with a wrongly configured SDR
4. Bios Settings wrongly configured.
I will personally try to check if the chassis is on the compatibility list and the system fan headers are correctly connected and then update the following:
- How to verify your Chassis if it is an Intel Chassis, you will see a sticker at the bottom of the chassis. Check the Model.
Once you have identifed correctly the chassis, make sure that you have the correct system fan header connected.
Check this document:
The recommended upgrade method, if not updating a hot-swap controller (HSC), is: Use the Dos Method
Reboot, and verify BIOS settings
The recommended method with an HSC(backplane) is:
Reboot, and verify BIOS settings.
After the update of these firmware, i will go onto the bios and Advanced, System Acoustic and Performance Configuration, Throttling Mode set to Open Loop,
Set fan profile as Acoustic and Altitude set 300 or less.
Other than this, next steps will be to verify the sel log and verify the release notes of the firmware if there is anything mentionned.
Hope these are useful,