3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 2:10 PM by H2OAcidic

Updated BIOS and all it does is restart and restart. Can't even boot up BIOS.

H2OAcidic

Hello Intel staff, I own a Intel DZ68BC and updated to the 0042 bios. Now all I get is restart, restart, restart. I can't even access BIOS. I've tried moving the yellow pin, doing steps I read online such as remove CMOS for a bit and put back in. I'd like this issue fixed! I simply ran the .exe, let it do it's thing and once it restart all it does IS restart and restart. I'm to the point of throwing my laptop that I'm on right now at the wall, pulling my car over my new gaming rig, which is now CRAP because of your BIOS update. As you can see I'm just so ****** off. Is there any way on the board to FORCE it to go back to what it was before the update?

• 1. Re: Updated BIOS and all it does is restart and restart. Can't even boot up BIOS.
          H2OAcidic

Also staff, I've tried doing downgrade since I can't tell BIOS to look at USB first or anything I can't. I've spent 3 hours so far trying to figure this out so you can see that the more I mess with it the more I get mad.

• 2. Re: Updated BIOS and all it does is restart and restart. Can't even boot up BIOS.
            stephenb.b.r

Hi

Sorry to hear you've been sucked up to this loop of mess by the slew of bad BIOS produced by Intel, anyway all the BIOS from 0035 and above are full of issues and trouble, its like Intel decided to abandon us on the pages and pages of reported issues about the DZ68BC, there are many posts about issues with this board and 0035 all the way 0042 BIOS.

I still hope Intel will fix the issues but its been years now maybe 3 or more and they have done nothing to help the many customers who bought the DZ68BC, I mean how hard can it be to fix this issues, I'm willing to put in work for Intel and head a team that can produce a BIOS fix for Intel though I'm no pro in codding.

Just to help you I've been in this situation and you will have to run recovery mode.

- Remove the BIOS jumper

- Insert a USB or DISC with the BIOS eg 0039.BIO

- Switch on the PC and it should locate the BIOS and revert back to 0039 version.

0039 is where you want to be at the moment its far from stable but its better than the other 003x or 0042, its unfortunate there is no way to revert to the 002x BIOS those were the last stable BIOS for this DZ68BC, 0028 was the last stable BIOS.

INTEL PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ISSUE

I know what you will get from support is that the DZ68BC is EOL (End of Life Support) for quite sometime now, but we should not take that and shut up because the slew of BIOS updates that brought with them problems come before EOL.

• 3. Re: Updated BIOS and all it does is restart and restart. Can't even boot up BIOS.
              H2OAcidic

Yeah, with a clear head this morning I tried doing the 0039 and I can boot up to Windows now. I can say the media side of me wants to write one big post about Intel. I write about video games and etc. I've NEVER had an issue like this and with a problem like this it tells me Intel is only caring about the money that comes in. Though CS EARLY this morning ran me through the recover, but kept telling me 0042. After research I found 0039 and tried it and it worked. Glad I have a laptop near by. >.<