Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Dedicated video memory = 0MB

ahann2
Beginner

Hello

System Model: Inspiron 3542

BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/12/15 19:19:12 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 1.7GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8096MB RAM

win 8.1 Pro

But there is a problem with Dedicated video memory = 0MB

So why show this value

Please reply soon ...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you check for a related setting in your system BIOS?

Let's bear in mind the video memory is dynamically allocated as needed and returned to the system memory when not in use. Your computer manufacturer may have configured your computer to use the graphics memory as a fixed amount, a dynamic amount, or a combination of both.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029090.htm Graphics Drivers — Graphics Memory FAQ for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7*

ahann2
Beginner
0 Kudos
ahann2
Beginner

If possible, one wanted to help me by TeamViewer please and everything will be in front of him and he can fit me this problem.

0 Kudos
ATimo4
Novice

Do you have a graphics card installed or latest driver for your intel HD graphics? with my pc when I installed windows 8 with the basic driver I had 0MB for everything until I went to intels download page and downloaded the drivers rebooted pc it went up to 2543MB you can confirm your graphics ram via right click on the desktop>screen resolution>advanced settings, it will tell you the adapter type and all its information. As joe_intel said the manufacturer configures the pc what to use but never will anything say 0MB because it won't show you its activity by changing the values.

0 Kudos
ATimo4
Novice

Sorry just saw the attached picture, your using cpu graphics it doesn't have any dedicated memory instead it will use your systems ram.

0 Kudos