13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 6:50 PM by pelegren

Error while compiling

Bahubali67

Hi all, Just now i had made setup of arduino IDE. I have connected intel edison board and trying to compile LED blink code but facing error as

i586-poky-linux-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

Error compiling

What could be the reason?? I have copied Arduino IDE in C:\

(I am using windows vista OS.)

• 1. Re: Error while compiling
          Intel_Peter

Hello Bahubali67,

I've been trying to replicate this error message, however I'm not able to see the same behavior. Could you explain me what steps did you follow before getting that error? (Which IDE were you using, which board did you selected, etc...)

My guess is that the Arduino IDE that you downloaded got some files corrupted during the download or the decompression. I'd suggest you to download it again from Downloads and try again to see if there's any difference

Peter.

• 2. Re: Error while compiling
            Bahubali67

Hey Intel_peter ,

I am using Arduino IDE(I have downloaded from intel site) and am using Intel Edison board and same thing I have selected in IDE.

I have extracted the rar file(downloaded arduino IDE from intel) in C:\ , so didn't get any error or break during extraction.

Everything is fine but still facing this issue.

• 3. Re: Error while compiling
              Bahubali67

Any solution??? I heard that there is community support for Intel edison !!! But I dont think so

• 4. Re: Error while compiling
                Intel_Peter

The behavior you are seeing is very strange. I've been looking into it, I've tried with several "bad" configurations on the Arduino IDE, however I fail to see the same error message as you.

My suggestion would be to download again the Arduino IDE from Downloads and try again, making sure that you are selecting the correct board and COM port on the tools tab.

Also, could you please attach the Arduino IDE's error log? Maybe some  of it may help us determine the root of the issue.

Peter.

• 5. Re: Error while compiling
                  mhahn

how does the exact folder look like you have put Arduino IDE?

• 6. Re: Error while compiling
                    Bahubali67

Hey peter, I have not made any configuration , just downloaded arduino zip file and extracted there after  i have selected Intel edison as board. Am not able to simply compile the code. I hope selecting port or not ,does not matter for compiling a program.

I have downloaded the arduino from the link you have given. But problem still exists.

see the attachments.

• 7. Re: Error while compiling
                      Bahubali67

mhahn,   I din't get you.

I have placed Arduino IDE in C:\

• 8. Re: Error while compiling
                        mhahn

I have placed Arduino IDE in C:\

that I read in your earlier mail - still it's not clear to me what the root folder is; is it "C:\Arduino-IDE"?
                        Background of my question - maybe there are spaces in the path which could confuse the compiler?

• 9. Re: Error while compiling
                          Bahubali67

Hi mhahn, Yes root folder is "C:\arduino-1.6.0+Intel".

I verified twice ,there is no space in path.

• 10. Re: Error while compiling
                            Bahubali67

I have renamed the "C:\arduino-1.6.0+Intel"  to   "C:\arduino".

Problem still exists

• 11. Re: Error while compiling
                              Intel_Peter

Hello Bahubali67,

Are you able to test it on another PC? Try it and let us know if the issue persists.

Peter.

• 12. Re: Error while compiling
                                GaryO

Hi - I've just taken delivery of an Edison board and run through the set up on Win7 64-bit and I am getting the exact same issue.  From looking elsewhere in the Arduino community the issue seems to relate to path lengths being too long.  I've tried moving the Arduino folder closer to the root (i.e. "C:\ard") but to no avail.

Running a compile with verbose mode on shows the following

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\core2-32-poky-linux\1.6.2+1.0/pokysdk/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux/i586-poky-linux-g++ -m32 -march=i586 --sysroot=C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\core2-32-poky-linux\1.6.2+1.0/core2-32-poky-linux -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -D__ARDUINO_X86__ -march=i686 -m32 -DARDUINO=10604 -IC:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\cores\arduino -IC:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\variants\edison_fab_c C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Temp\build7964444124965210889.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Temp\build7964444124965210889.tmp\Blink.cpp.o

i586-poky-linux-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

Error compiling.

I've checked all of these paths exist and are accessible.  I've also tried running the Arduino IDE as admin.  Same results.

If path length is the root cause issue then I suspect it is this path that is at fault...

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\core2-32-poky-linux\1.6.2+1.0/pokysdk/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux/i586-poky-linux-g++

But since the Edison installer placed it all in my AppData roaming profile I don't seem to have lot of control over it.

If anyone has repeated/resolved this please advise - I need to get this board working ASAP!

Cheers

Gary

• 13. Re: Error while compiling
                                  pelegren

i was able to fix it after long hours of trying. i opened the board manager in arduino IDE then remove the intel edison and galileo board then install back edison only. it worked. i was able to compile then upload sketch but still i got a different message. i am not worried about the errors as i was able to compile and load the sketches and worked on the edison board.