Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Functional GM45 Bluray acceleration for Win 7?

idata
Employee

With the release of Windows 7 imminent, I was wondering whether Intel will be releasing a driver for the graphics adapter in the GM45 chipset that supports accelerated bluray playback. So far all drivers released for Win 7 corrupt the picture on my HDMI output when acceleration is turned on. It works okay when I turn off acceleration but then the CPU gets pretty busy and the quality suffers from some judder.

I am using Win 7 ultimate on an MSI GM45 motherboard with the latest version of Total Media Theater and all drivers show the same broken behavior. Has anyone else here got Blueray acceleration with an HDMI output to work under Win 7?

Cheers

Thomas

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I just donwloaded the latest version of the driver 15.16.2.1986 (8.15.10.1986) and while the control panel now looks very sophisticated I was disappointed to find that the Bluray acceleration still does not work correctly on my GM45 chipset using the HDMI output.

I am using Total Media Theatre 3.0.1.160 which seems to work fine with hardwarea acceleration on ATI and Nvidia cards in my house. Has anyone else got this to work with a Mobile Series 4 graphic chipset?

Cheers

Thomas

idata
Employee

After more testing I had to remove this driver completely since all playback has become unstable with this driver version.

After while the screen starts to flicker and there is a band in the middle of the screen where the screen content seems to be unstable. I am using Theatertek for DVD playback and Total Media Theater for Bluray.

This is disappointing.

0 Kudos