Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Any method to change display scheme from command line or hotkey?

idata
Employee

Is there any way to change the display scheme other than the tray icon or right clicking desktop any picking the scheme? I'd like to create hotkeys so I can switch quickly and also so i can restore the laptop display when i've forgot to change schemes before disconnecting the external monitor.

If it can be done from command line, I can create shortcuts for each scheme and the just assign a shortcut key to each.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Any ideas at all? Can one of the Intel people comment on this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
sup⋅portsuh-pawrt, -pohrt

–verb (used with object)

1.to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for.2.to sustain or withstand (weight, pressure, strain, etc.) without giving way; serve as a prop for.3.to undergo or endure, esp. with patience or submission; tolerate.4.to sustain (a person, the mind, spirits, courage, etc.) under trial or affliction: They supported him throughout his ordeal. 5.to maintain (a person, family, establishment, institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: to support a family. 6.to uphold (a person, cause, policy, etc.) by aid, countenance, one's vote, etc.; back; second.7.to maintain or advocate (a theory, principle, etc.).8.to corroborate (a statement, opinion, etc.): Leading doctors supported his testimony. 9.to act with or second (a lead performer); assist in performance: The star was supported by a talented newcomer.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I don't know if this is exactly what your ar elooking for but it may help.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

To select Display Scheme "abc" from commandline, run igfxcfg with parameter as follows (case sensitive!):

C:\Windows\system32\igfxcfg.exe /SchemeName:abc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Perfect! You're the first person who has been able to answer this question on any forum. Now I can finally have keyboard shortcuts to change monitors, a huge bonus when you've unplugged the external and realize your laptop is still blank because it is displaying everything on a non-existant monitor.

0 Kudos