3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2015 8:47 PM by Senexus

NUC5i5RYK will not sleep in Win 8.1

Senexus

Looking for some help with my NUC5i5RYK.

Fresh install of Win 8.1, hooked up to my TV via HDMI.

The unit will shut down and hibernate.

However, when I try to Sleep, it will blank the TV screen, but the unit remains on and the blue power light stays on.

I can recover from the blank screen if I tap the keyboard.

All drivers are up to date as is the BIOS (as of today).

I have looked through the power options, turned off Wake on LAN, etc. Anything in particular I should check to get sleep working properly?

• 1. Re: NUC5i5RYK will not sleep in Win 8.1
          dougho

I am not from Intel, but your situation sounds somewhat like my limited understanding of Intel Ready Mode (or Away mode?).  I think Intel includes such software in their driver bundle, so maybe you enabled it.  Sorry that I don't know more about that software but one of the FAQ says:

Intel® Ready Mode Technology does not prevent your computer from entering hibernation mode. Intel® Ready Mode Technology does prevent the system from entering sleep mode.

• 2. Re: NUC5i5RYK will not sleep in Win 8.1
            Nixiedesk

I have Win8.1, NUC 5i5RYH and it's not hooked up to a TV but a Dell U2414H single monitor.  To get my unit to "sleep", I have to do it via Windows Start button right click> Shut down>Sleep. If I use the Power Plan in Windows>Balance>put the computer to sleep>30 minutes, It sometimes does and sometimes doesn't. When it does, and I tap the keyboard to wake it up, my screen is messed up with visual 'junk' so I just use the Windows Start button.method ...and it's been working every time without incident. Power button on NUC 'breathes' orange..sleeping  until tapping on the screen brings it back to life (blue). Nothing set in then BIOS for hibernate. Running also latest BIOS and Graphics Driver. My setup isn't quite like yours but it could be a cable issue to the TV? Tried different HDMI cable?

• 3. Re: NUC5i5RYK will not sleep in Win 8.1
              Senexus

Dougho-

You were on the right track! I disabled Ready Mode Technology and sleep started working. Cheers!