Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

GIGABYTE GV-R465D2- Compatability

idata
Employee

I'm looking to replace the current Radeon 9200 card fitted to my D865PERL motherboard with the GIGABYTE GV-R465D2-1GI Radeon HD 4650 1GB Whilst the board info shows the AGP slot to be 1.5 v which is compatible with the GIGABYTE card. the slot edge arrangement is different with the Radeon card having 2 cut outs and the GIGABYTE just 1. Can anyone tell me if the card is compatible, if not can they suggest a suitable replacement capable of running Win7.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

easygeeze wrote:

I'm looking to replace the current Radeon 9200 card fitted to my D865PERL motherboard with the GIGABYTE GV-R465D2-1GI Radeon HD 4650 1GB Whilst the board info shows the AGP slot to be 1.5 v which is compatible with the GIGABYTE card. the slot edge arrangement is different with the Radeon card having 2 cut outs and the GIGABYTE just 1. Can anyone tell me if the card is compatible, if not can they suggest a suitable replacement capable of running Win7.

Hi easygeeze,

Your motherboard does appear to support this card in terms of the hardware slot ,AGP 3.0 (4X & 8X Speed at 1.5 and 0.8 Volt Only) but you may need to upgrade your BIOS for this card to work (I have a similiar card on an Asus board of about the same era).

But, I do not recommend the purchase of this card & I'll tell you why.

1. This graphic card has native DirectX 10 support (That means Win Vista)but I can't confirm it will work on XP which uses DirectX 9.0c .(It will work on win7 which uses DirectX11).

2. Your motherboard appears to be what is usually called on the forums EOL ("End Of Life") meaning there will be no further hardware or driver support for new operating systems,though I must qualify this by saying I could only find driver support for WinXP Media Centre Ed & older & Linux.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d865perl/rl_compat.htm

& here

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-025834.htm <!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

easygeeze wrote:

Hi easygeeze,

Your motherboard does appear to support this card in terms of the hardware slot ,AGP 3.0 (4X & 8X Speed at 1.5 and 0.8 Volt Only) but you may need to upgrade your BIOS for this card to work (I have a similiar card on an Asus board of about the same era).

But, I do not recommend the purchase of this card & I'll tell you why.

1. This graphic card has native DirectX 10 support (That means Win Vista)but I can't confirm it will work on XP which uses DirectX 9.0c .(It will work on win7 which uses DirectX11).

2. Your motherboard appears to be what is usually called on the forums EOL ("End Of Life") meaning there will be no further hardware or driver support for new operating systems,though I must qualify this by saying I could only find driver support for WinXP Media Centre Ed & older & Linux.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d865perl/rl_compat.htm

& here

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-025834.htm <!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Many thanks for informative and constructive response it was much appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos