0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2009 1:30 PM by Hot_Rod

nVidia 7900 GS & GT causes problem with DG965WH

Hot_Rod

Good Evening All,

I have an Intel DG86WH Mobo with a P4 3.4GHz CPU.  Up till recently I had 8 gig in it using the onboard video and running Windows XP Pro SP3.  I was given a gift of a nVidia 7900GS and 7900GT.  So throwing caution to the wind I install the GS with dual dvi ports and proceed to power up the unit.  Well it wouldn't boot not even a glimmer.  So I took out 2 of the gig modules and it boot, but it does not like the dvi ports since it won't display any images when I use either dvi port on the 7900GS.

Can ANYONE explain why I have to lose 4 gig to make the card run and secondly, both of the cards do not reliably show the video.  I even checked the bios to make sure I had the PCI-E selected.  It also seem to be really SLOW at times.  I d/l'd the latest and greatest from nVidia for their drivers, but I'm losing ground here.  I hope someone can tell me what I'm overlooking or what I'm doing wrong.

I'd really like to get my system back with 8 gig in preparation for Windows 7, and get the 7900's to run like a ***** ape.

I have a 320 gb SATA drive, so if any one can offer any opinions I'd be greatly appreciated.  And please feel free to contact me if you need more information.

Thanks

Rich

Message was edited by: Mark H @ Intel