Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Dual Band 7265 AC Compatible with Dell Inspiron 7548?

JB21
Novice

Hello everyone,

A couple of days back I purchased the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series( Dell Inspiron 7548) laptop with the Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 however I have noticed that the connection to the Wi-Fi in my home when using wireless is extremely slow and the signal bar fluctuates from 1 bar to 5 and often just disconnects.

So I was wondering if Intel Dual Band 7265 AC Wireless Card is Compatible with Dell Inspiron 7548 laptop.

System Details are as mentioned below.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am a student and wants to get it fixed ASAP and proceed with my University Assignments.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jeevanb93,

If this wireless adapter came installed by default in your system, please rest assured it is compatible. We have provided you some input and suggestions that might help you as well in another post from you, too.

*For better results for your answers, we recommend to maintain only one post if the subject of discussion is the same.

Please bear in mind that if you have replaced the original wireless card installed by default by your computer manufacturer, we would like to inform you that Intel does support this type of integrations. Please access this document for further information: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

JB21
Novice

Hello aleki_intel,

I have heard that many other users replaced their 3160 AC card by 7265 AC wireless card and I was thinking about replacing the card as it might solve the wireless connectivity issue. Since Dell is manufacturing the same model laptops with 7265 AC wireless card recently, I thought it might solve the problem by replacing it.

Thank You

JB21
Novice

Hello aleki_intel,

I have heard that many other users replaced their 3160 AC card by 7265 AC wireless card and by doing this they solved the problem*, I was thinking about replacing the card as it might solve the wireless connectivity issue. Since Dell is manufacturing the same model laptops with 7265 AC wireless card recently, I thought it might solve the problem by replacing it.

Thank You

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Jeevanb93,

Then, it is very important that you contact them and check what they have to say. Any change in their hardware must be done by them to avoid unnecessary connectivity issues. What usually happens when a user replaces the original wireless card for another one that is not customized for such system, it brings other issues regarding compatibility so that is the reason you will need to contact them.