Our little company with a staff of 6 needs a new and better NAS solution as we currently use with the D-Link DNS-323. But there are some unanswered questions before our decision for the SS4200
- Is it possible to access the storage on PC and Mac simultanously? Which file system is being used?
- When RAID-1 is active: Do you need the same HDD model types in order to work with SS4200-E?
- The backup solution with EMC Retrospect: Is a incremental backup of both PC and Mac systems possible, in order to save all changed or new data of our local client PC's or Macs automatically on the SS4200-E?
- Is it possible to configure the Storage System SS4200-E as FTP server?
- Our existing NAS: Can we use this storage over the SS4200-E? There is only one RJ-45 connector.
Thanks for very much for your patience :-) I'm looking forward to your answers!