2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2009 3:29 PM by JYoungx

Anyone know if the D955xbk is compatible with any E series 800fsb processors?

JYoungx

Hi

I was wondering if the D955xbk will work with any of the 800fsb E series processors. The documentation indicates only P4, P4 Extreme, and Pentium D processors are supported cpu's.

Thanks

J

• 1. Re: Anyone know if the D955xbk is compatible with any E series 800fsb processors?
          Aryan2411

Hello,

I dont think these CPU will work on the board, it can be a bios issue problem, bios version not being validated for these cpu microcode or some other problem as well. Check the bios release notes you can understand what i am trying to say.

I have seen several cpu with different SL number (different microcode) that dont work on certain boards, and sometimes there are new bios version that have been launched so that the cpu become fully compatible.

I hope that there is someone else who have tried it, can give some confirmation as my suggestion was just based on theory :-).

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan. 

• 2. Re: Anyone know if the D955xbk is compatible with any E series 800fsb processors?
            JYoungx

Thanks for the reply, I've got d955xbk that will not power up and was wondering if any of the e series processors might work with this board. If I turn on the pwr sup the processor fan and video fan spin but the board will not power up. I replaced the power supply, it will not power up. I ordered a new 830 dual core which was a like 4 like replacement for the existing processor and it will not power up. I replaced the mother board, installed the new processor, swapped the memory, will not power up. The only commonality is the video card (Sapphire Raedeon X550 256mb) and it works on another board. I pulled the board from the case, broke it down to the processor, pwr supply, memory and a new cpu fan, new pwr switch, checked incoming ac (power correct) and no drives connected,and it will not power up. Guess I'll just go buy a new mb.

thanks for your thoughts

J