5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 4:43 AM by kevin_intel

Can't get displayport to output audio to HDMI (Q45/Q43 Express Chipset)

BirdLaw

I would like to know if this chipset supports audio output to HDMI. I have not been able to get it to work with the TV in our Conference Room. We're running this on a Dell Optiplex 780 with Express Chipset Q45/Q43 and I'm using a DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable. You can see the exact cable (not that I think it matters) in the following link. Amazon.com: Cable Matters® Gold Plated DisplayPort to HDMI Cable 6 Feet: Electronics

So far the picture is perfect. but I just can't seem to get Windows 7 32-bit (all updates/ServicePacks installed) to recognize the TV's speakers as an available audio output device. I used Intel's Driver Update Utility 2.0 to ensure that it was on the latest version (according to windows, it's 8.15.10.2869 but Intel might have a different version indentification scheme because it had origianlly told me 15.something; I've seen that more than once)

I don't see the HDMI speakers in my available output devices. I know I can use an audio cable to the TV but I would prefer not to do that so I can keep the wires tidy. I will do it if I have to but only as a last resort.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction or at least tell me if this chipset is capable of sending audio through its display port.

Thanks,

BirdLaw