Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Graphic shared memory problem?

TDaba
Beginner

Hy guys, I have some problem with my motherboard AsRock H81 DGS R2.0 and i3 processor 4160.

Memory is 2x4gb kingstone 1600 mhz.

In BIOS I can only set maximum of 1024 mb shared memory for GPU, but on your specification says that max size is 1,7 gb.

But in windows in advanced settings in display I see that "Total available graphic memory" is 1.7 gb, but under that says that system shared memory is 1 gb.

How can I set shared memory to 1.7 gb?

Why?

I have latest bios drivers, and latest i3 graphic drivers.

Please help! Is this bug on motherboard or maybe to change drivers on motherboard?

When I run GTA 5, in graphics says that there is only 984 mb graphic memory. It runs fine (30-34 fps) on lowest settings.

3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

In most cases, the motherboard manufacturer has already configured the system to use the maximum amount of graphics memory that is possible for your particular computer model. Sometimes you can change these values through BIOS level.

Below is a URL that explains what is the maximum amount of graphics memory your graphics controller could use:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029090.htm Graphics Drivers — Graphics Memory FAQ for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7*

Check with your motherboard manufacturer if there are tips on increasing the amount of graphics memory for your computer model.

Allan.

TDaba
Beginner

Yes, in "Total available graphic memory" it says 1794mb, or similar.

But "shared sistem memory" is only 1024 mb, and I cant set higher value in bios that 1024 mb.

I contacted AsRock, but they saying stupid thing etc.

Today I will install new drivers for motherboard and then try again.

0 Kudos
PMori
Beginner

Oh my God! I'm having the same problem with ASRock B150M Pro4S motherboard! This is nightmarish! It's my first build ever and I won't buy ASRock product ever! They are happily presenting themselves as the only major motherboard manufacturer featuring 1792GB of shared memory yet my BIOS (fully up-to-date) is locked at 1024MB.

Damn! I even bought a 16GB DDR4 kit for this!

0 Kudos