Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Lenovo Thinkpad Intel HD Graphics

MMorr14
Beginner

I had to rebuild my wife's laptop and it seems forever stuck on using the VGASAVE driver and graphics controller in lieu of the actual INTEL HD GRAPHICS...I tried disabling the VGASAVE which was a bad choice as I ended up with NO VIDEO and had to revert to a Restore Point.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please share your DxDiag report (press Windows* key + R key, type "dxdiag", press OK and then click "Save All Information"). You can use the advanced editor in the upper right corner to attach the file when replying.

0 Kudos
MMorr14
Beginner

Joe...thank you but I uncovered the problem myself just hadn't had time to post it. I have 2 Thinkpads...one is based off of the INTEL chipset and the other is based off of the AMD chipset. During my Windows restore the AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter got installed and so it was taking over the PCI bus in error. Once I removed that and it was out of the way...all of the INTEL components, including the INTEL HD GRAPHICS began performing correctly

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for sharing your findings MMJoplin1.

0 Kudos