3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 9:29 AM by rguevara

Availability of Linux version?

billb1234

Is there any better estimated date of the availability of the Linux version of the Compute Stick other than "early June", or even better, any way to get hold of a prerelease engineering version now?  (I am more than happy to help with beta-testing since I assume it's at that stage now.)  We are investigating building a custom app for the Linux version, and while I could start building it using a regular Ubuntu 14 VM, I'd much rather use the actual device (especially since at some point we will need to deal with some of the issues related to the device itself such as setup and configuration).

This might not be the right place to ask this, but if not, could someone pls point me to the right place?

Thanks!

- Bill

• 1. Re: Availability of Linux version?
          rguevara

Hello billb1234,

I believe the pre-release testing phase is closed already. We are currently working on getting the production version out to the market. We truly appreciate your interest in our product and I could only recommend that you keep an eye on this forum for more updated information regarding the exact release date. I can see that there are some stores such as Amazon* getting prepared for when the product is ready, this might be helpful if you want to purchase it quickly.

Regards,

• 2. Re: Availability of Linux version?
            billb1234

Ok thanks - will watch Amazon and Newegg -- they both seem to be getting ready.

(I'll try to get hold of one of the Windows ones in the meantime -- at least I'll get a little bit more familiarity that way.)

- Bill

• 3. Re: Availability of Linux version?
              rguevara

Hi billb1234,

I just checked again and unfortunately I don't have an exact date for the release of the Linux* version.

My understanding is that it will be released by end of May but I cant tell you when it will be actually available on the market.

I will keep this post updated.

Regards,