4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 1:33 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Warning : Missing AA#

Abhijith

I have a system with Intel core i3 processor , Intel 61WWB3 Motherboard , 4 GB Ddr3 RAM , 1 TB Seagate Harddisk with Windows 8.1 installed in it .

The system was running fairly and recently when i started up the PC ,

• Sometimes it is showing the message

" The following warnings were detected during this boot
           WARNING : Missing AA# "

and then it loads Windows.

But the system is too slow. It gets hang for even a mousescroll .

• Sometimes it shows the message
        "Insert proper booting device or reboot "

I tried to reinstal the OS .

But the system is not booting from the CD.

Also I cant change the booting device Priority .

I have connected a brand new Harddisk. But it shows the same message in the second case.
      I have also connected a harddisk installed with Win 7 . It stops before the logon screen  and starts again .

Please help me with my problem

• 1. Re: Warning : Missing AA#
          hansb_intel

Hi Abhijith,

Please let me know what BIOS version you have and if have tried flashing the BIOS to the latest version. If not, this would be an option.

I would just suggest not going directly to the latest BIOS version, but rather go 1 by 1 and to use the F7 method.

You can check the following link for the BIOS Update Instructions if needed.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-022312.htm

• 2. Re: Warning : Missing AA#
            #

Change power supply..

• 3. Re: Warning : Missing AA#
              ivanu_intel

Thank you # for your contribution on this thread.

Regards,

Ivan

• 4. Re: Warning : Missing AA#
                N.Scott.Pearson

There are a myriad of components that could have failed (or been corrupted) and result in these symptoms being seen (and yes, a failing PSU is a possibility). I would isolate the testing as much as possible - that is, remove the board and PSU from the chassis and place them on a non-conductive surface and connect only the essential components while you test. If you cannot isolate the problem to a specific component (PSU, memory DIMM, etc.) and you are looking specifically at the motherboard, there is little that you can do in the field beyond clearing CMOS and trying to update the BIOS. If the cause is, for example, failure/corruption of the BIOS flash chip on the board, this is not something that can be fixed in the field (only Intel personnel have the tools that can fix this). If your board is still under warranty (i.e. you purchased it less than three years ago), you should contact Intel Customer Support regarding warranty repair/replacement...

...S