2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 3:24 PM by joe_intel

Problems with graphics card on Acer Aspire ES1-512

henken88

Hi

I bought my Acer Aspire ES1-512 som months ago. I recently installed a game (HotS), and i cant seem to play it on any other video setting than the lowest. When i check the requirements against my system, im informed i need 256mb of video memory, but my computer only has 32mb of dedicated memory (1792mb available memory). I understand that the system supplies apps/programs with the needed memory, but it apparently doesnt give HotS what it needs.

I thought i might update my graphics card driver, but i cant figure out which model it is. When i look at the graphics card properties window, it only says Intel(R) HD Graphics", and no model number.

I can not change my max dedicated video memory in bios either, as that is not included for this computer..

So my question is:

1: Is there a way to increase the max dedicated video memory, and if so, how?

2: Where do i find what model my graphics card is, and what driver do i download?

I also found this post on the Acer forums: http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-ES1-511-and-ES1-512-Video-Driver-Windows...

Is this the driver for my graphics card?

Thanks in advance

Henrik