Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Graphics Media Accelerator driver taking 37.1gb of space?

lgibs
Beginner

In my programs install/uninstall it shows my GMA driver taking 37.1gb of space. This is obviously a large amount of space for a driver. Can someone explain why this is and how to fix please? I've also listed some info about my computer if anything else is needed please let me know. I'm not a big IT guy so please help me by using simple terminology when answering. Thanks in advance.

Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Graphics Driver Version 8.15.10.1808

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I can see in my system most of the space used is because the driver includes the Software Development Kit - SDK. However, there is no option in the installer to remove this component. I would leave it as it is if it is not much of a concern and if the driver is working properly.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Another option could be installing the driver with the zip file installation method instead of using the exe installer.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm Graphics Drivers — How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 7*

0 Kudos