Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

How can I increase my current Dedicated System Memory in order to play games?

CBlac7
Beginner

I was hoping someone here could please help me with this because I'm lost and frustrated at this point. I was hoping to get someone who knows what they are doing to help me so this goes more smoothly. If you have any questions/comments/are here to help let me know, I'm awaiting responses. My system specs should but attached in a file also.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OJabu
Beginner

Hi,

by increasing your RAM size, integrated graphics should be able to allocate more. At 16GB system memory, 2.1GB is assigned to VRAM on HD4000.

However this is dynamic allocation, so you won't lose the free RAM space when not needed.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I recommend checking the maximum amount and type of memory supported by your system model if you would like to increase it.

You may check the options that you have in BIOS but the graphics memory is dynamically allocated. Please refer to the article below.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029090.htm Graphics Drivers — Graphics Memory FAQ for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7*