5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2009 10:53 PM by Javed Lodhi

new computer

Edogg

i am building my first computer, I bought aan Intel DG45ID Motherboard and I want to know what power supply to use? Going to use an E6300 Processor!

• 1. Re: new computer
          Javed Lodhi

Hi Edogg,

Here is a list of PSUs that are recommended for use with DG45ID however before you one of these, make sure the casing you are using supports it.

Since power supply needs vary depending on system configuration, the usages described below are not intended to support all possible systems. It is important to choose the proper power supply form factor and power level for your application. Evaluations for any individual system configuration are considered the responsibility of the integrator and/or system OEM.

By clicking on a link below you can view tested power supply lists:

Tested Power Supply ListUsage in Form FactorsWattage RangeDesign Guide Link
          ATX12VATX, microATX, BTX, some microBTX250W-450WDesign Guide
          ATX12V for high-end discrete graphics cardsATX, microATX, BTX, some microBTX450W-600WDesign Guide
          CFX12VmicroBTX, BTX*, some ATX*, microATX*220W-300WDesign Guide
          SFX12VmicroATX180W-300WDesign Guide
          LFX12VpicoBTX, microBTX*, BTX*, ATX*, microATX*180W-260WDesign Guide
          TFX12VSFF (9-15L), microATX, microBTX180W-280WDesign Guide
          EPS12V (Source List Only)Large ATX450W and aboveDesign Guide

*The low total power output of the power supply may not provide the power needed and is not recommended for these configurations.

CAUTION: Failure to use a power supply with the proper amperage ratings for Intel® processors, or not connecting all power supply leads to the mainboard may result in damage to the mainboard and/or power supply.

Power supply model numbers may vary slightly. Check with your preferred power supply vendor or distributor to ensure Intel® processor support.

Thank you and have a nice day!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 2. Re: new computer
            Edogg

GOT THE COMPUTER UP AND RUNNING BUT AFTER LOADING THE OS, I LOADED THE DRIVERS THAT CAME WITH BOARD AND THE VIDEO WENT OT I WAS USING AN ADAPTER FROM DVI TO VGA, SHOULD I RELOAD THE OS AND USE THE DRIVERS THAT CAME WITH THE OS(XP MEDIA EDITION)?

• 3. Re: new computer
              Trevor.Sullivan

Eric,

I would recommend downloading the latest drivers for each piece of your hardware, from the appropriate manufacturer's website.

What kind of video card do you have? If it's Intel, ATI, or nVidia for example, then I would go to their website and obtain the latest drivers. They make it very easy to find the correct drivers for your platform.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

• 4. Re: new computer
                Edogg

Thank you so much, intel ROCKS.  The pc went together great, and the problem was i was using an adapter from dvi to vga and the only video out on this  board is hdmi and dvi, have upgraded to an lcd and everythig is great was my first build and you guy's make things so easy.  Going to upgrade cpu's next year, and memeory to 8gigs, using the 64 bit OS, RIGHT NOW USING WINDOWS MEDIA EDITION, NEXT YEAR WINDOWS 7!

• 5. Re: new computer
                  Javed Lodhi

Glad to hear that it worked for you Eric.

Thank you Trevor for the help, much appreciated.

Thank you for using Intel, have a nice day!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!