Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Problem installing video card on 775Dual-915GL motherboard

idata
Employee

hello, i am having broblems trying to install a NVIDIA Ge Force 8400 GS PCI 256MB graphics card, i turn off my computer and un plug it, i insert my card in the PCI slot, i turn my computer on, when a video card is in, the onboard video is automaticaly supposed to switch off and turn on the PCI(or any video card).But it doesnt, even though this card isnt on the list of supported video cards, i plugged in a different PCI card that wasnt on the list, and it worked.... Windows says that it cant install video card, and it will not function properly.

But it shows up under the device manager as not working properly. And i cannot install the drivers because it says that it "cannot locate any hardware compatible with this setup. The installation will now close."

What should i do? should i get a new video card? or do i have to update my BIOS? i updated my intel graphics drivers, but i havent tried plugging it in again. Can anyone help me please?

Message was edited by: mattofmana193

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

anybody? please? i need help fast

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

YES PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ON THIS> I have a dg31gl, with the same problem. On board video shuts off when I install another PCI video card.

0 Kudos