10 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 9:52 PM by repoman576

possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?

repoman576

I got a DN2820FYKH that has worked great since the new bios to stop the thermal tripping issues.  this nuc works flawlessly on my new Samsung 8550 tv.  when trying it on my living room tv a Panasonic TX-65PX600U, no matter how I plug it in....whether direct to hdmi port or via a hdmi switcher or via arv, nothing works.

im not sure if its a resolution compatibility issues or what but is there anyway to get this to work?

I actually bought another nuc thinking that I could use it for my other tv.  I should have tested my other one before I ordered everything but I didn't.  anyway to get this to work on the Panasonic TX-65PX600U?

thanks

• 1. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
          dougho

I am not from Intel and these are just guesses.  Does your TV model perhaps start with TH instead of TX?  The manual for that one says that the front input (HDMI 3) is not for PCs, so hopefully you have tried the rear HDMI 1 or 2 (but even still the manual has strange phrase "Use with a PC is not assumed").  If so, have you perhaps tried to see if changing a TV setting such as "Control with HDMI" makes a difference?  I think I would try direct first rather than switcher or AVR.  If you try all that without success, perhaps the routines in the NUC which attempt to identify the display resolution (EDID?) just don't work with that plasma.  NUC seems to have changed in this area between initial BIOS and later BIOS - initially they would display something like 1024x768 large across the whole screen but maybe that had problem with TVs such as your plasma so later they changed to displaying small 1024x768 centered inside the detected TV resolution (such as 1920x1080).

• 2. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
            repoman576

first of all thank you for your reply.

you are absolutely correct its actually TH-65PX600U.  yes I have tried it on all 3 hdmi ports.  port 1 is connected to a dvdo switcher, port 2 is connected directly to my pioneer elite sc-75.  as far as the settings control with hdmi is concerned, im unaware of this.  also if I change this, since its isn't the only device on the port, would it change the way the other components are connected to it?    where is this control with hdmi located?  I checked the setup in the menu of the remote and don't see this.

• 3. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
              dougho

The manual says that Menu-Setup-Other Adjust is where you can set Control with HDMI to Off.  I have no idea if that would make a difference.  The biggest difference would be if you can try to plug into port 1 or 2 directly without the switcher or pioneer.  But those are all just guesses by me, not promises.  Other things to think about are the cable you are using, for example is it mini HDMI to the HDMI or is it some converter, do you maybe have access to one of those converters to the VGA cable (there seem to be some mini-DisplayPort to VGA adapters intended for Apple) - I would not necessarily spend money on those because they may not work but it is an interesting experiment.  Also are you trying to get the BIOS display or do you already have some operating system installed and are just trying to switch to the TV afterward.  If so then try to make sure the operating system is set to some lower resolution not 4K of the Samsung.  You haven't clarified whether video is just missing-blank, or whether there is some distorted signal or what.

• 4. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
                repoman576

hello

yes the video is completely missing.  also I went to menu>setup>other adjust> and all I have is 1- auto power on, 2-side bar, 3-pro-out stop, 4-no signal shut off, 5- no action shut off.  there is no control

with hdmi as an option.  its no wonder I never seen this because there is actually a continuation of the menu below what is initially seen.  ill try later on tonight to directly plug in to hdmi 2 port and see it that will work.  also ill try to plug into the avr again but with the dvdo turned to off.  the strange way the dvdo quick 6 works is that it kinda takes over the function of the avr  and may hinder the normal operation of the avr.  

unfortunately I don't think the firmware of the tv is updatable, so im kinda stuck with whatever is there.

thanks again

• 5. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
                  kevin_intel

What happens if you connect the NUC to a normal monitor? Is it working?

Kevin m

• 6. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
                    repoman576

I actually did try this on a borrowed cheapo planar pc monitor before.  I had originally tried to load the o/s on the nuc using the Panasonic tv and I didn't get any video.  I read on this forum that some people had issues unless the loaded o/s with a real pc monitor.  so to answer your question, the nuc works fine with a regular pc monitor.  that nuc burned out and with the replacement nuc I loaded the o/s over using my Samsung tv. 

• 7. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
                      kevin_intel

I see so just to confirm, it is working now right?

• 8. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
                        repoman576

I haven't tried my new nuc yet on the Panasonic tv.  right now I got a new set of issues.

ill open a new thread for this problem

• 9. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
                          repoman576

no at this time I haven't gotten any further.  im having issues with the second nuc...ill start a new thread on that one

• 10. Re: possible to get DN2820FYKH to work on other panasonic TX-65PX600U?
                            repoman576

hey sorry for getting back to you so late.  I was having issues with my new nuc which have now been resolved.  I plugged the nuc directly into the hdmi #2 port and to my surprise, it worked.  now I need to figure out how im going to get everything to work.

thanks for your suggestions