Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

HDMI problems

CNath1
Beginner

Hi,

so my problem is essentially that my HDMI output only ever works temporarily. I have the latest Intel HD display adapter running on a Dell Inspiron, and it only allows HDMI connection to any device when i uninstall and then re-install again. then it'll work fine, but as soon as my laptop is turned off or put to sleep, it no longer recognises that an HDMI lead is connected, and i have to uninstall again. I use a Bush smart tv as the output, but when not working I've tried the output on other devices, and it doesn't work on any.

Is there any permanent fix to this problem? I really don't want to spend ten minutes uninstalling and re-installing drivers whenever I want to connect my laptop to my television.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MMari22
Beginner

I have same issue with intel 4600 graphics,after 3 laptops change because i was thinking is motherboars issue i realize is just the intel graphic problem 100%

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

What type of cable are you using? Is it straight high quality HDMI?

Does this issue occur with different driver versions? Can you try the driver version provided by your system manufacturer?

0 Kudos
MMari22
Beginner

All cables are very good with golden imputs.First 2 drivers are from lenovo website and again same thing happen after long shutdown i have no connectivity with tv.is like hdmi output is not working anymore

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

How often does this occur? I am using 10.18.14.4170 and it has worked properly all times after sleep or shutdown.

You may consider a BIOS update.

0 Kudos
MMari22
Beginner

For exemple now i tey for like 1 hour with drivers reinstall + DDU software and i coldnt fix the hdmi.I think i am forced to reinstall windows.

And the drivers are all up to date from lenovo website

0 Kudos
MMari22
Beginner

Bios is also last version 2.01 if i am not wrong

0 Kudos
CNath1
Beginner

Yep, nothing wrong with the cable or the ports, and the basic display driver for my model doesn't provide HDMI output so I can't simply revert to an older driver.

0 Kudos
MMari22
Beginner

Is wierd because this is the 3 laptop i have with almoust same configuration 1 msi with i7 4720hq and 2 lenovo y50-70 and with all of them i haved same problem HDMI connection not working

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you try checking if there is a driver for your monitor?

0 Kudos
CNath1
Beginner

What do you mean? Everything that needs to be there definitely is or surely it would never work? Also if it worked flawlessly up until that one point in time then i don't know how something could have gone missing by itself and how it continues to do so.

0 Kudos