Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 Can I replace it for a 5G something?

chill7
Beginner

Can I replace my N 2230 for something that ill work with my 5g router? Yes, I have 2.4 right now, but this is an old card, and it would be good to upgrade it. I have a Toshiba Qosmio.

Any suggestions?

thanks.

Chris.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello cappedup,

Your best option is to consult with Toshiba as they are the manufacturer of your system. Due to the customizations Toshiba does to the wireless cards in order to fir their systems, they are the only ones that can provide you a list of tested, approved and certified adapters. Please bear in mind that wireless adapter replacement must only be done by a Toshiba authorized technician and Intel does not support integrations. Please access the link below for further information on this matter.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Please let us know if you need anything else from us.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello cappedup,

Your best option is to consult with Toshiba as they are the manufacturer of your system. Due to the customizations Toshiba does to the wireless cards in order to fir their systems, they are the only ones that can provide you a list of tested, approved and certified adapters. Please bear in mind that wireless adapter replacement must only be done by a Toshiba authorized technician and Intel does not support integrations. Please access the link below for further information on this matter.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Please let us know if you need anything else from us.

chill7
Beginner

Many thanks for your reply. I will do just that.

Regards.

Chris.

0 Kudos