1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 28, 2015 9:47 AM by allan_intel

Update Graphics Driver failed installation

JessDKing

Hello there! I am new to this whole thing so bare with me. I just bought an old laptop that has been refurbished. So I have a gateway m255-e laptop, its been updated from Vista to Win 7, prior to purchase. I have been trying to update the graphics driver for it and been having some issues. I installed the Intel driver update utility specifically for this  purpose. So using the driver update utility I had it detect the proper driver update needed for installation. After I download it and click install it always fails. The screen blinks on and off a few times and then it just says failed with no explanation as to why or how to fix this issue. So I am just wondering what have I done incorrectly and why cant I update my graphics driver? Can someone please help me?

When I look in the computer specs for drivers installed it says Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family driver: igdum32.dll driver version 8.15.10.1930

Like I said its on Win7  Specs: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T5500  @ 1.66GHz, 1667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Does any of this information help? I guess I have no idea what I am doing I just wanted to update my stupid graphics driver....