Have you tried to update the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox to the latest version? Here you can find the link to it: Intel® Download Center
-What type of PC are you using? (laptop or desktop)
-What is your OS?
- How is the SSD connected this PC?
-Has this error occurred before?
- It is a laptop on Windows 7 x64
- The SSD is internal (SATA). It was just recently installed; this is the first time I have attempted to run SSD toolbox on this machine. It has never worked, even after a reboot.
- The SSD used to be in a desktop machine and SSD toolbox ran OK on that system.
Can you please provide the following?
1 - System make and model
2 - Firmware version of the SSD
3 - Details export from the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox
4 - Copy of C:\intel\logs\intelSSDTDK.log
- HP Elitebook 6930p
- SSD Toolbox 3.2.3
- Firmware 335u
- The error in the log is [14:04:46:12] ERROR : .\Optimizer.cpp(225): Optimizer::Execute: Failed to set backup privilege
- I am running the SSD toolbox as Administrator (right click, Run as Administrator).
IntelSSDTDK.log.zip 4.2 K
My problem is solved. There was Group Policy in the domain that was modifying my system's user rights assignment (specifically the setting regarding backup privileges). I removed my machine from the domain and now the SSD Toolbox runs perfectly.
We are glad to know it has been resolved. let us know if you need any more assistance.