4 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 2:18 PM by jonathan_intel

P3600 SSDPEDME800G4: Driver Freeze Lock

BillGuthrie

P3600 SSDPEDME800G4:

I had this NVMe drive working as a secondary drive under Windows 8.1.  I tried to shuffle my PCIe slots (ASUS Z97-a) but with the drive in the new PCIe Gen3 slot the system did a series of quick power resets and failed to boot.  Back in the old slot I now get the message: 'IntelNVMeDriverFreezeLock: NVMe Device Not Detectable'.  The drive has disappeared from the OS.  What does this mean?  Is there a way to recover the SSD?  I am not worried about the data.

• 1. Re: P3600 SSDPEDME800G4: Driver Freeze Lock
          jonathan_intel

Hello BillGuthrie,

Here are some initial recommendations you can try:

- Would it be possible to go back to a restore point previously created in Windows?

- Were you using the NVMe driver from Intel? or the in box driver from Windows? Let us know which driver version you had installed.

- You mentioned that the SSD was used as a secondary drive, can you confirm if it contained any data or programs that may have been required or checked by Windows during the startup process?

- Check if you are able to uninstall and delete the current NVMe driver, then download and install Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for PCIe Drivers 1.1.0.1004.

• 2. Re: P3600 SSDPEDME800G4: Driver Freeze Lock
            BillGuthrie

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for the feedback.

I was not using Intel's NVMe driver, I was using the Windows 8.1 driver.  However I installed the Intel driver as per your suggestion and it did not change the situation, the error message above still appears during system boot-up.

I spent looked into the device information:

Under Windows' Device Manager application I looked under 'Disk drives' and the P3600 is not there, I only find the hard drive on which I installed Windows (the boot drive)

However under the category 'Storage controllers' I do see my newly installed Intel driver 'Intel(R) Solid-State Drive P3700/P3600/P3500/750 Series'.

I right clicked and opened 'Properties' and in the 'Events' tag went to 'View All Events...' and there appears to be a problem.

This is the message: 'Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0953&SUBSYS_37098086&REV_01\4&3834d97&0&0008 had a problem starting'

The more detailed XML info is:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />

<EventID>411</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-04-27T23:15:42.194069500Z" />

<EventRecordID>241</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="2352" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>

<Computer>arch_test</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0953&SUBSYS_37098086&REV_01\4&3834d97&0&0008</Data>

<Data Name="DriverName">oem19.inf</Data>

<Data Name="ClassGuid">{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}</Data>

<Data Name="ServiceName">IaNVMe</Data>

<Data Name="LowerFilters" />

<Data Name="UpperFilters" />

<Data Name="Problem">0x15</Data>

<Data Name="Status">0x0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Is there any useful information there?  Do you think the SSD is damaged?  Or is there some way I can recover it?

Thanks again

• 3. Re: P3600 SSDPEDME800G4: Driver Freeze Lock
              jonathan_intel

Hello BillGuthrie,

Please check your private messages.

We would like to get some additional information, this will help us to determine the actions required to resolve this issue.

• 4. Re: P3600 SSDPEDME800G4: Driver Freeze Lock
                jonathan_intel

To provide better assistance for this type of issue, please contact your nearest Intel Customer Support Center.