1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2015 1:43 PM by CharlieATL

NUC D54250WYK

gooddrive

Anyone own the new Intel NUC D54250WYK if so how hard is it configure? Putting the components in would be no problem for me I don’t think. But I don’t think I could ever get it up and running. Good way to own a second pc

• 1. Re: NUC D54250WYK
          CharlieATL

Hi gooddrive -

I've assembled 3 of these, and the only issue I had with the hardware (other than making sure to buy low voltage RAM) is getting the wireless/bluetooth card properly attached to the integrated antenna.  The trick is to not try to remove the clear plastic insulating sleeves, but to push them down onto the thin wires, exposing the snap-on connector.

Otherwise, as soon as you get your OS installed, go to the Intel download center and 1) upgrade the BIOS (currently 37, released in late March) and 2) download the driver package.  After installing all of the drivers, everything should work.  I'm told that Intel is having an issue with the Driver Update Utility, so when you use that after you have installed the drivers, which you should, you may show the CIR driver and the Chipset driver as "failed".  If that happens, locate those drivers directly from Intel support and download them manually and separately.

Good luck.

1 of 1 people found this helpful