Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

We have an issue with our legacy software running low resolution(640x480).The Intel mobile (R) 4 series express chip set, works with no issue.The new Intel HD graphics, with driver 9.17.10.2932 does not.Our app crashes everytime when launched.Both system

TWick1
Beginner

Any ideas on this subject, known issues???

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I understand that you are using"legacy software" and that it is working with the Intel mobile* 4 series express chipset, but gives you problems with Intel HD graphics.

To better understand this matter; please let me know how many computers have this issue, the brand, model and what operating system each computer has.

This may be more of an operating system issue rather that a driver problem, you can try the compatibility settings tab when running the executable in case you are using another OS.

TWick1
Beginner

Siberio, some of my text got cut off on the original posting.Both computers are running Win7 professional 32bit.Setup same way as software is concerned.Both computers are made by B+R automation.Model APC810, with Win7 loaded, works with no issue.This computer is at end of life and no longer available.This computer has the mobile intel R 4 series express chips.We still have some of the Apc810 computers around, 5 or 6, they all run our software with no issues. The replacement PC, that we were told is the replacement, is a APC910, with Win7 and the Intel HD graphics.We have 2 of these computers and both, crash our app,everytime.We are using the 640x480 resolution compatibility set, on both models.Another bit of info is that our legacy software does not crash, if the native resolution of the display is set.This causes all our screens to be small and hard to read, which is unacceptable.Hope you can help us more, with this issue.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Siberio

Try this driver. It is the latest available for the Ivybridge based systems.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24825/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-32-bit Intel® Download Center

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
TWick1
Beginner

Robert, loaded new driver today.Did not fix our App crash issue.I did notice the screen colors are better, than before.Any other ideas?

0 Kudos