Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Custom Resolution Issues

asnav
Beginner

Hi my name's Asher,

So i spent awhile finding a way to increase the maximum resolution available in the Display options of my Intel Graphics Control Panel. After various attempts i found an easy way to do this by going to the Intel Graphics Control Panel Display Custom Resolutions tool, the CustomeModeApp.exe located in the graphics drivers folder, and creating my custom resolution, 1920x1080 at 60hz and 32 bit. Then i went back to the Display options in the Intel Graphics Control Panel and my new custom resolution was not there. I have looked through some posts of people having the same issue but either they came to no conclusion or they did not bother to post it if they did. Could you tell me how to get my custom resolution in the options? If this is not normally available to me, is there a way for me to force it to recognize my custom resolution if i know my hardware can handle it?

Other Facts:

My graphics driver is manufacturer specialized so the driver update tool will not allow me to update my graphics driver.

The Advanced option in the Intel Graphics Control Panel is not available, it says "This display does not support any of the advanced settings.", so if the custom resolutions are in there i can not access it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
llybx
New Contributor I

It seems like Intel Custom Resolution only allows you to make resolution lower than your current maximum resolution, such as 800x450 or 1024x576.

My Display is 1366x768 and when I tried making 1600x900 it doesn't work (even used other app for that), so yeah, no downscaling from higher resolution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
llybx
New Contributor I

It seems like Intel Custom Resolution only allows you to make resolution lower than your current maximum resolution, such as 800x450 or 1024x576.

My Display is 1366x768 and when I tried making 1600x900 it doesn't work (even used other app for that), so yeah, no downscaling from higher resolution.

0 Kudos
asnav
Beginner

Well it seems that i need to talk to the computer manufacturer to see if i can add the custom modes feature or not. So today ill try to get a hold of them and post back if i come to any solution in case it might help anyone else.

0 Kudos
asnav
Beginner

Yeah, you're right about that. The only fix, since the limitation is put in place because of my graphics card being the on board one, is to buy a replacement graphics card and install the drivers for that.

0 Kudos