1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2009 6:45 PM by ddthegr8

Formatted & Installed WINDOWS7 but am missing Driver for Mass Storage Controller

JPMTJR

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4499 and formatted and installed Windows7 Ulimate 64 Bit (not Beta) and after the installation completed there was one driver missing. I went to Toshiba's Web Site and downloaded the Windows7 Chipset file named "driver_chipset_intel_TC40059100C" and installed it and the driver was still missing. I called Toshiba Support and they directed me to the Intel Web Site.

I know that my laptop has the Mobile 945 Express Chipset but I wasn't sure which version. So, I first downloaded the Chipset ID Utility (file name "ChipUtil324) and Ran As Administrator but the executable would not run and kept asking me to "Run As Administrator" even though that was what I was doing.

I then went off on my own on your Web Site and first downloaded Intel Matrix Storage Manager named "IATA89ENU.EXE" and, of course, Ran As Administrator. This did not resolve my missing driver issue.

I then downloaded and Ran As Administrator the "InfInst911autoI.Zip". This file also did not lead me to a successful conclusion.

My machine is running but in Device Manager I have an Exclamation Point for the Mass Storage Controller. I would like for this issue to be resolved.

Please assist, thank you.

• 1. Re: Formatted & Installed WINDOWS7 but am missing Driver for Mass Storage Controller
          ddthegr8

Mass Storage Controller is PCMCIA Device Driver  in notebooks.  If your Toshiba has Card Reader than go to Toshiba's WEB Site and Down Load driver for Card Reader or PCMCIA Driver for that Model Notebook.  If Windows 7 Ultimate drivers are not available, try using Windows Vista Ultimate drivers.  This will remove "Mass Storage Device" from Other Device Property in Device Manager and install the  driver for that other device with correct device identification.  This is not intel's driver error. Intel do not have driver for this. Trust me, it will work.