cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Fultondale 3 DC P3600 2.5" PCI-Express 3.0 MLC

TDurh
New Contributor

I purchased this item. "Intel Fultondale 3 DC P3600 2.5" PCI-Express 3.0 MLC" I thought I was getting a PCIE 3.0 ready to plug into my PCIE slot on the motherboard.

What I got was just the SSD itself and no way to plug it into the motherboard rather the PCIE slot.

THis is what I thought I was getting (AIC)

Can anyone help me with an adaptor solution for the 2.5 this is my first PCIE purchase an obviously made a mistake in the specs.

1 REPLY 1

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Atomicboss_00,

All Intel® Solid-State Drive DC P3600 Series are PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 devices. However, there are two different form factors.

As we understand, you ordered a 2.5-inch SFF drive instead of the HHHL Add-in card Form Factor (Half-height, Half-length AIC).

In this situation, we advise you to contact the reseller or place of purchase, so you can ask them about possible solutions for this issue (exchange, return, or other).

The SFF drive requires an 8639 connector backplane, and we are not aware of supported adapters or converters that will allow the connection of the SFF DC P3600 to a standard PCIe x4 slot.

Intel® Solid-State Drive DC P3600 Series Form Factors:

– 2.5-inch Form Factor

15mm Z-height

8639-compatible connector

– AIC Form Factor (Add-in Card)

Half-height, Half-length

Single slot x4 connector

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-dc-p3600-spec... Intel® Solid-State Drive DC P3600 Series Product Specification