Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

- NEW- Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Driver update posted for Haswell and Broadwell version 15.36.19.4170

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

This update addresses several previously found issues. Please see the Release Notes and excerpt below for details. As always, feedback is appreciated.

The 15.36.19.4170 has been posted to Intel Download Center at the following direct links to the drivers:

64 - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24870 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24870

32 - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24869 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24869

This driver supports the following:

Support for Intel 5th Generation Intel® Core processors with HD Graphics 5500, HD Graphics 6000, and Iris™ Graphics 6100 and key enhancements for Intel 4th Generation Intel Core Processors. This driver provides up to 10% better performance improvement when running 3DMark11* benchmark and fixes many game, application, display and UI issues.

• 5th Generation Intel® Core Processors with Intel HD graphics, Intel Iris™ graphics and select Pentium®/ Celeron® Processors with Intel® HD graphics for Microsoft Windows* 8.1, Microsoft Windows* 8 and Microsoft Windows* 7 operating systems.

• Intel® Core™ M with Intel HD graphics 5300 for Microsoft Windows* 8.1, Microsoft Windows* 8 and Microsoft Windows* 7 operating systems.

• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel HD graphics, Intel Iris™ graphics and Intel Iris Pro graphics and select Pentium®/ Celeron® Processors with Intel® HD graphics for Microsoft Windows* 8.1, Microsoft Windows* 8 and Microsoft Windows* 7 operating systems.

Key issues resolve with this release:

16 Replies
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Hello.

New release, but nothing new regarding pending issues even from v4080.

I write them again (briefly) - I have given detailed descriptions for all of them in the previous driver releases.

1) MadShaders v040 - OpenGL bugs - Crashing in specific tests

2) 10 bit output bug P010/P016 - For H.264 & H.265

3) De-interlacing modes of new API v1.13 crash with this driver release too.

4) No PDF files regarding release notes of this driver x64/x86

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Nikos

Updates on the issues you reported:

1. MadShader ,Bokeh Blur, and Mobius Balls. --- Issues have been fixed and will be in a future driver update.

2. 10 bit output bug P010/P016. -- Issue still under investigation, trending to app issue.

3. De-interlacing modes of new API v1.13 crash. -- Issue has been root caused and working to fix.

4. PDF's -- On there way.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Perfect, thanks!

I'm sure the 10 bit output is not an app issue, it's a driver bug.

Nvidia had the same bug and they fixed it.

Thanks

Nikos

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Just to clarify a little more the 2nd issue, in public this time.

LAV filters use P010/P016 output for 10 bit H.264/H.265 video formats.

EVR/EVR-CP is not capable of P010/P016 output.

Somehow, Intel's and Nvidia's drivers ALLOW P010/P016 output to connect to EVR/EVR-CP, which the renderer can't handle and crashes/collapses.

That should be forbidden.

The result is a black screen or a crash of the app.

That's all the description of the problem.

0 Kudos
ICool1
Beginner

Just wanted to let you know about some graphical errors introduced by this driver. When playing GTA5 the character models are not drawn properly, there are missing textures on the skin and you can see through parts of the characters.It is very pronounced and while not constant in every scene it is persistant more often than not.

I have an i74770k, and upon rolling back to 4156 this problem is not present.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Insanely Cool, thanks for the issue report. We are currently working on a resolution for the issue and will post an update to this thread when we have additional information.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
AZhev
Beginner

I want to also report problems in Path of Exile game under Win 8.1 x64. After 1-30 minutes of active gameplay, graphics become completely garbled. Problem displays itself in different ways: missing textures, image stacking, image freeze, blank screen with color artefacts. OS and game itself remains fully functional under such conditions. I also stress-tested my i7-4770k under Bioshock Infinite, where it did not display such behavior. I also tried to roll back to older drivers, but this did not help...

0 Kudos
VHooi
Beginner

I've just tried to install this on Windows 10 (Build 10041), and I receive the following message when I try to run setup:

Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Is there any way I can install these drivers on Windows 10?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@Victor, This driver only supports Win 7,8,and 8.1.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
VHooi
Beginner

Aha, ok, figured it was that - is there any word on when Windows 10 support will be added? It would be great to be able to have time to do testing on these sorts of things before they ship =).

Alternatively, is there any way to manually install the driver, or force it through?

Thanks,

Victor

0 Kudos
SAnle
Beginner

I've got the exact same problem as Insanelycool above but when I go into device manager it doesn't give me the option to roll back the driver and now I'm unable to play GTA V and pretty frustrated.

Can you please advise me on how I can revert back to a working version of this driver? Thanks.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Mendoza611,, You can download the previous version of the graphics driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24785/Intel-Iris-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Intel® Download Center

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Victor

I would recommend using Windows Update to get the latest drivers for Windows 10 TP. By doing so you will get drivers specifically built for Win 10 TP. If you have the latest Win 10 TP build, version 10074, it will include the latest Intel Graphics beta driver version 4124 for Win 10 TP.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
SAnle
Beginner

Thanks for your reply Robert. I tried downloading the previous 4156 version as suggested by yourself and Insanelycool above but even though the notes say it's compatible with my processor, when I try to install it, it says it's not compatible. I've got an i5 4590 running Windows 8.1

I've read elsewhere that I need to uninstall the new driver, download and run a "driver cleaner" and then reinstall the 4156 version...? Do you think that would fix it? Thanks.

0 Kudos
AAndr39
Beginner

Greetings

I have notice on this issue... As you can see on the picture below, OPNEGL version is missing!

I wonder if is this any issue due to latest driver update? or if it is normal?

I remember the first day i bought my laptop machine, OPENGL versions show me "version 4.2" (after some updates it simply disappear)

"my SO windows is in Portuguese so, because of that please sorry"

Any answer about this would be appreciate

I am an architect and i work mostly on opengl softwares. Some times it felt i loose viewport performance compare to old INTEL DRIVER

Thanks
0 Kudos
DBord2
Novice

Dear Intel,

I own an Optimus laptop with an Intel HD 4600 and a Nvidia GTX980m graphic cards. I'm running Windows 8.1 X64.

After installing this driver, together with driver 350.12 from Nvidia, I have many issues in running games at full screen.

On previous versions of the Intel driver, the problem was related only to Dragon Age Inquisition.

There is a dedicated thread on this forum on that game, but I wanted to post also on this in order to highlight that things got worse with the latest driver.

Please dedicate more time to address the many issues of Optimus technology together with Intel.

Hope this could help.

0 Kudos