3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2015 3:11 AM by Rex1409

Installing IRST causes 16 second delay during POST

Rex1409

Also access to Setup is denied via Esc key.  Is there any means of reversing the situation? Restore points not old enough..Sandy Bridge Chipset Revision 09 HP motherboard 181B (U3E1)

• 1. Re: Installing IRST causes 16 second delay during POST
          kevin_intel

Do you have a RAID setup? Is the chipset mode set as RAID in the BIOS?

Kevin M

• 2. Re: Installing IRST causes 16 second delay during POST
            Rex1409

Thanks for response. My initial reason for believing IRST was at fault no longer stands up to scrutiny. The method I used was to install the  HP Softpaqs one at a time and check for the delay after each, and it appeared after installing IRST, but now it is there permanently even after a further clean install of Windows. The BIOS in this machine is so simple there are no settings for SATA control whatsoever,,,, So I am no closer to determining the culprit, I thought IRST fitted the bill as it would affect the POST, guess I shall have to look elsewhere...

• 3. Re: Installing IRST causes 16 second delay during POST
              Rex1409

Saga continues. with the Drive removed normal access to Setup was resumed, so next step was to ensure that there was nothing lurking on a drive that would cause the problem, so I cleaned an SSD with Diskpart and reloaded Windows. Same problem. Out of curiosity I tried Hibernate instead of shutting down, that worked perfectly. Not only that, but the fault disappeared! So I proceeded to load some drivers, all fine until I installed IRST. Fault re-appeared, and was corrected by choosing Hibernate just once. Puzzled...

Regards,

Rex Long