5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 1:51 PM by Intel_Alvarado

Blink Led

BurimD

I am having trouble with the Blink Led project. I am using the XDK IoT edition, but it does not seem to work. I did follow all the steps in the getting started guide but the LED does not seem to work. The projects uploads and does not give any errors but the LED still does not blink. Any idea what might be wrong?

• 1. Re: Blink Led
          Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

When you connect your board to the power supply do you see any LEDs light up? How are you powering your board? At some point of this process did you see the connection established box? This dialog box displays when you successfully connected your board and has an IP address assigned.

Make sure to have the switch SW1 closest to the microUSB port.

Sergio

• 2. Re: Blink Led
            BurimD

Sergio,

The LED does light up when I connect my Edison. However, I am not using a power supply. I purchased a 12 V, 1.5 A power supply but it did not work with my Edison - something burned when i tried to do so - so I am currently just powering it up through the usb port. And yes the connection was established with the board. (It has an IP and it connects with wifi).

The switch is in the right place.

Any suggestions?

• 3. Re: Blink Led
              Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

So you are powering the board through both USB ports, correct? If you are able to get a wifi connection then the next steps would just be to run the application.

Have you already updated your mraa library, if you haven’t try with

echo "src maa-upm http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.1/intelgalactic" > /etc/opkg/intel-iotdk.conf
              opkg update
              opkg upgrade

Just to confirm, you are using the Arduino expansion board, right?

Sergio

• 4. Re: Blink Led
                JCarlos

Hello Sergio!

I had the same problem, but I am using mini-breakout. Should it work?

Jose Carlos

• 5. Re: Blink Led
                  Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

No it won’t work; the mini breakout board has no onboard LEDs that can be programmed to blink. In order to see a LED blink using the mini breakout board you need to use an external LED and a breadboard such as in Hooking up Intel Edison to your breadboard ... .

There are two LEDs on the mini Breakout DS3 shows when the charger is charging the battery. DS1 shows when the processor is asserting reset.

Sergio