Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel HD graphics driver causes Blue screen of death? Windows 8.1

KGo1
Novice

Hello intel friends. I recently installed intel driver that windows update gave me and its the latest driver for intel.

When i started playing a game, it crashed and caused a blue screen of death restart loop which i cant start my laptop.

This happened to me twice. So, is this a driver issue?

My next question:

My intel driver is an integrated graphics driver which prevents me from installing intels latest driver from intels website.

So, is installing a driver from intels website instead of the integrated driver an issue? Can it cause an issue if i replace my integrated intel driver to a latest intel driver from intels website?

Please help me guys. I dont want to do the same mistake ever again.

Im using windows 8.1 because windows 8 offered free upgrade to win 8.1

• By the way, im using a tablet to write this since my laptop is not fixed yet.

Thanks guys!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Druglord, thanks for joining the Intel Community.

Would you please attach the DX Diag report for your system as soon as possible in order to check some information from your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

Regards,

0 Kudos
KGo1
Novice

Sorry for not replying immediately slyvia but here is the DxDiag info.

Right now Im on Windows 7 since the computer shop downgraded my laptop.

Reply as soon as you see this. Thanks

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

If you would like to install the driver from the Intel website you will not have any problems but since this is an Acer computer I recommend updating the graphic driver from the Acer website.

You can download the graphics driver based on the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 that you have at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24973/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24973/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit

0 Kudos